6th Grade - Mrs. Rosaleen DeGregorio
6th Grade Homeroom | 6th Grade Religion |
5th-8th Grade English Language Arts & Literature
JUNE 19, 2020
PARENTS: Please read the letters from the Superintendent, one is for the parents, and the other is for the students.
JUNE 18, 2020
It's hard to believe that the school year is over! We never could have imagined the effects of this pandemic, including being thrust into distance learning. It was a challenge for everyone as we learned to navigate our way through an entirely new style of learning. I'm proud of those who excelled at it and the jr. high teachers will work with those students who have struggled with using Google Classroom, thus ensuring that they're capable of improving in their skills of using this digital platform.
I would like to say 'Thank you' to all the parents, siblings and other family members for all your help and support. May you have a safe and enjoyable summer!
FRIDAY, MAY 8
PARENTS: July 24th is the new deadline for returning Teddy J. Forstmann Scholarship (TJF) families to submit requal applications for the 2020-21 school year. Families who either had not submitted an application or have yet to complete their requal application were notified of the new deadline last Friday.
Here are links to "quick how-to apply" videos in English and Spanish:
Note: Families will only be eligible for a scholarship award when:
1) Their online requal application is completed,
2) All of their income & supporting documents have been submitted to CSF, and
3) Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Academy - Brooklyn completes the School Commitment Form (SCF).
Please login into your scholarship data base to complete any outstanding SCFs and be sure to check the system often.
Also, given the state of current affairs, CSF is not requiring notarized letters as part of the application process. For families who have needed to submit notarized letters in the past, they may submit their financial support letters without a notary stamp.
The CSF office is CLOSED, all staff members are working remotely. Please remind your families to email or fax their documents to CSF and do NOT mail documents to CSF’s office.
My email is
And a reminder: ALL links found within the SLIDES link above are viewable for all.
Class Supply Lists
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT REMINDERS:
- All assignments must have a full heading (including # in upper righthand corner); script handwriting preferred; and in blue or black pen.
- When writing paragraphs, remember to indent every paragraph (usually the length of half your thumb). Paragraphs have AT LEAST 5 complete sentences / maximum of 7 or 8 sentences. DO NOT skip lines in between paragraphs. All sentences must be complete thoughts, meaning there is ALWAYS a subject + verb + predicate.
- Proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure count.
- If you make a spelling mistake, cross it out with a single line - no scribbling. All writing must be neat and legible.
- NO plagiarizing (copying other people's words and/or ideas without credit).