6th Grade - Mrs. Rosaleen DeGregorio
6th Grade Homeroom | 6th Grade Religion |
5th-8th Grade English Language Arts & Literature
Important JANUARY dates/events to note:
- Monday, 1/13: $2 Dress Down
- Thursday, 1/16: Candy Sale begins
- Friday, 1/17: School closed
- Monday, 1/20: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day; School closed
- Wednesday, 1/22: NUT Card Day
- Thursday, 1/23: 8th Grade Bake Sale
- Friday, 1/24: Induction for Student Council *and* Junior Honor Society; Pizza Sale; Chinese New Year Celebration @ 1:15 pm
- Sunday, 1/26: Catholic Schools Week begins; 10:15 Mass; Open House to follow
- Tuesday, 1/28: Religion Fair, 9-11 am
- Wednesday, 1/29: Student Appreciation Day; Field Trip
- Friday, 1/31: Teacher Appreciation Day
REMAINING JANUARY BOOK PROJECT DUE DATES (BY GRADE):
Grade 5 - Thursday, 1/16
Grade 6 - Friday, 1/24
Grade 7 - Friday, 1/16
6th GRADE RELIGION FAIR PROJECTS DUE TUESDAY, 1/21
National Handwriting Day is on January 23!
Class Supply Lists
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT REMINDERS:
- All assignments must have a full heading (including # in upper righthand corner); script handwriting preferred; and in blue or black pen.
- When writing paragraphs, remember to indent every paragraph (usually the length of half your thumb). Paragraphs have AT LEAST 5 complete sentences / maximum of 7 or 8 sentences. DO NOT skip lines in between paragraphs. All sentences must be complete thoughts, meaning there is ALWAYS a subject + verb + predicate.
- Proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure count.
- If you make a spelling mistake, cross it out with a single line - no scribbling. All writing must be neat and legible.
- NO plagiarizing (copying other people's words and/or ideas without credit).