Mrs. Rosaleen DeGregorio
8th Grade Homeroom 8B
5th-8th Grade English Language Arts & Literature
Welcome to the 2020-2021 academic school year! My name is Mrs. DeGregorio and I will be your English/Language Arts teacher and homeroom teacher for class 8B. As an alumna of OLPH, I am proud to continue the tradition of giving students a well-rounded education and the tools they'll need as they prepare for high school. I know things will be different upon returning to school, but if we work as a team, it will be a safe and exciting one.
PARTICIPATE IN THE TABLET FUNDRAISER HERE!!!!!
March Calendar Events (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- Wednesday, 3/24: 8th Grade Bake Sale
- Thursday, 3/25: Pizza Sale; Report Card Distribution (4-8 pm)
- Friday, 3/26: Easter Hat Parade
- Wednesday, 3/31: NO SCHOOL (Principal's Retreat)
IN EFFECT: CLASS UPDATE REGARDING MANDATORY ABSENCE NOTES
Parents please be advised that if your child is absent due to being sick, they MUST bring in an absence note from their doctor, stating that they are NOT showing symptoms of Covid-19. Student must hand this into the homeroom teacher the FIRST day they return to OLPHCAB.
September 8, 2020
PARENTS in GRADES 5-8: Please see the REVISED CLASS SUPPLY LIST above in the circular Home button. Please have your children bring them in the first week of school.
Class Supply Lists
GENERAL ASSIGNMENT REMINDERS:
- All assignments must have a full heading (including # in upper righthand corner); script handwriting preferred; and in blue or black pen.
- When writing paragraphs, remember to indent every paragraph (usually the length of half your thumb). Paragraphs have AT LEAST 5 complete sentences / maximum of 7 or 8 sentences. DO NOT skip lines in between paragraphs. All sentences must be complete thoughts, meaning there is ALWAYS a subject + verb + predicate.
- Proper spelling, grammar, capitalization, punctuation and sentence structure count.
- If you make a spelling mistake, cross it out with a single line - no scribbling. All writing must be neat and legible.
- NO plagiarizing (copying other people's words and/or ideas without credit).
My email is
And a reminder: ALL links found within the SLIDES link above are viewable for all.